Calling Password Prompt/Popup in FT View SE v7/v9

RVaughan

Current project requires most HMI screens to be locked out without user login. I set the appropriate security code on each display, so now the Goto Display buttons don't function without login. Instead of nothing happening, I'd like to show either a Login Required message popup or a login prompt. How do I make this happen?

I can use the [Diagnostics] popup, but its log includes other prompts and information that the customer doesn't need to bother with and would prefer not to see. Can I restrict it to user access messages only?

I can also make the Goto buttons invisible or change color based on user access level, but I'm hoping there is a less tedious method (30 +/- buttons).

Last edited:
I went ahead and changed the visibility on the Goto buttons. The screen connection web wasn't as complicated as I expected.