1768-l45/b Problem

Amastrong.SP

A couple of days ago 1768-l45/b CPU from a machine stopped due to an error.
PWR-Green, Ok-RED, I/O PWR-RED

So I removed all the other I/O Module and connect the CPU with power supply. But the same error occurred there too.

I tried to communicate the CPU using RSlinx. But It can't find the CPU. So I am unable to reset it. and the front button isn't working either.

Is there anything I can do to recover it?

Here is a picture of the CPU.

https://ibb.co/5MBpHj5

5MBpHj5

Last edited:
If the OK indicator is solid Red, (not blinking), then the controller detected a Non-recoverable Major Fault, and in that circumstance it clears the project from its memory.

This is strengthened by the fact that the I/O LED is OFF, which either means that there are no I/O modules in the project configuration (unlikely), or there is no project in the controller.

If cycling power and re-downloading the project does not clear the fault, then it is possible that the controller has died, but you will need to get online....

Have you tried communication with RSLinx on the serial port? The correct cable is a 17xx-CP3, virtually any -CP3 cable will work. Full procedure for getting online to the controller here, pages 23 and onward... Auto-configure usually works every time....

Last edited: