More inputs in program than on actual PLC FX1S

htariq

Hi all,
I'm working on an FX1S-10MR-ES PLC where there are 6 inputs (X000-X005) and 4 outputs (Y000-Y003). I used the programming from another PLC to reapply it so I studied that programming. In that program, X006 and X007 were used although these aren't even on the hardware also the inputs X000 or X001 were not used. What can be the reason behind this?
Is there some kind of trick that turns X006 to X000 and X007 to X001 or are these just tricks to confuse anyone trying to access that program?

(P.S Y004 was also used in the program when it isn't even or hardware)

(I have attached the program, this is a simple program of opening a door based on sensors and manual buttons)

HTariq > I used the programming from another PLC to reapply it

Any chance the 'another PLC' had more I/O than the one you were
loading the program into?
Poet.

No, I am 100% sure that it was a FX1S-10MR PLC. I even have the picture, there are only 6 inputs and 4 outputs on that PLC. It doesn't have X006 and X007 as inputs nor does it have Y004 as an output

Using inputs & outputs that do not exist on an FX will not cause an error, it's probably a standard program used on different variations of machine i.e. perhaps one version has some extra sensors & solenoids/relays etc.
It is also possible that for some reason the programmer had originally had the extra I/O but these were not needed & they just didn't bother to remove them.

I work on a lot of programs that were wrote for a large machine with all the bells and whistles, if the customer orders the dumb down version then as Parky said they use the same program and just remove some of the features, because the 10MR is the smallest PLC they make and Mitsubishi is used on a lot of high speed and roll up doors I still suspect its for a 14 or 28 and just stripped down

Ronnie is right, actually all 0-7 I believe are High speed and any used for high speed counts are not used within the code, The timers 235-242 are tied to the inputs and if used the corresponding Counter is called for example
and M800 (always on) Out C235 K32000.
This enables the counter for high speed count on X0.