1394 servo issue

bill4261

I have an Allen-Bradley 1394 servo drive that is giving me an intermittent over-travel fault. (a couple of times a day) This system has be running for 20+ years. My initial thought was, the cable or switch must be bad. So, I replace both the cable and switch. This did not fix the problem. I have a spare servo controller. I uploaded the txt file out of the existing controller and downloaded it to the spare. When I installed the spare, other things were happening. The one spindle (vfd controlled) was suddenly going way too fast. I assumed the servo was writing over this register. The servo controller is a remote rack tied to SLC PLC. I assume somewhere in the setup is the addressing for the servo controller. Is there dip switches on the 1394 controller? (1394-SJT05-T) Or is this in the configuration that does not get uploaded to the text file?

I have an Allen-Bradley 1394 servo drive that is giving me an intermittent over-travel fault. (a couple of times a day) This system has be running for 20+ years. My initial thought was, the cable or switch must be bad. So, I replace both the cable and switch. This did not fix the problem. I have a spare servo controller. I uploaded the txt file out of the existing controller and downloaded it to the spare. When I installed the spare, other things were happening. The one spindle (vfd controlled) was suddenly going way too fast. I assumed the servo was writing over this register. The servo controller is a remote rack tied to SLC PLC. I assume somewhere in the setup is the addressing for the servo controller. Is there dip switches on the 1394 controller? (1394-SJT05-T) Or is this in the configuration that does not get uploaded to the text file?

IIRC, there are three files...the txt file which is compiled from the GML diagram which is basically the logic. Then there are separate files that hold the gains and other variables. In the cobwebs of my memory the words "setups" and "gains" come to mind as being the names associated with those other 2 sets of data that can be saved and loaded separately.

As for your overtravel fault, if I am remembering right, that fault is a high speed input and can be susceptible to a electrical noise.

Do you remember how the other files were uploaded. I vaguely remember how I uploaded the txt file. it's been a several years ago.