Locate Bosch EDS file for Devicenet?

Gazzr

Can anybody point me in the right direction to locate a EDS file for a Bosch remote I/O unit?
I have trawled the Bosch Rexroth site to no avail and can't seem to find the required file. I have also had a look on the ODVA site, hoping to find a central library of EDS files. But without success.
The device I have is a Bosch R-ILB DN24 DI16 DO16:
http://www.boschrexroth.com/busines.../inline_block_en/Inline_Block_DN_en/index.jsp

Any help would be appreciated.

On a side note, this device shows on my devicenet network as a "unrecognised device".
Can I update this with required EDS info without interupting my process?

Many thanks.

R-ilb dn24 di16 do16

You are right, there is no EDS file to download. Some devices have this information stored in there internal memory. If that is not the case then you have to config it. Here is a link to the manual that I found. I don't know which platform you are using. But you should be able to build your own EDS file based on this information. I know with AB you can do this. I have done it and it works. You may not be able get some of the neat stuff that you would normaly get with a device that has an EDS file but you should be able to connect to the IO. Jsut read the manual and if all else fails, contact your local vendor or tech support.

I did not read the entire manual but I did find what I was looking for.

http://www.boschrexroth.com/various...ex.jsp?oid=191586&ccat_id=13800&remindCcat=on

AJw

This part is the same part as Phoenix Contact P/N 2862602.

Go to www.phoenixcon.com and type 2862602 in the search box at the upper left of the main window. Navigate your way to the download center for that part and the EDS file will be there although they call it the "configuration" file. Looks like there are two versions, Firmware 2.x and 3.x

Thanks for the assistance fella's.
Not been able to check the firmware version of the device yet but will do next time I am on site. I have downloaded both files in readiness.
Does the EDS file have any effect on the device, or is it just the info stored in the laptop that is updated with the file?

The EDS file is exclusively used by the computer software that communicates with and configures the device.

Having or not having an EDS file registered with your configuration software will have no effect on an operating network node.

Just don't click "download" if you don't mean it !

If the EDS file is used exclusively by the computer software, what is there to download and what effect could it have?

If the EDS file is used exclusively by the computer software, what is there to download and what effect could it have?

If you download an eds file to a device, and the parameters are different than the one that is in there you could make the device unable to perform its function, but if you already did it you know that already

robert