Red Lion Data Plus

bazzab1

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All,

I have a project where I have to talk to a number of devices on Modbus RTU RS485. I have a level gauge that is a Modbus slave and a loading controller that is a Modbus master. I have to get a level value from the level gauge into the loading controller through a PLC (Versamax) so that the data can be displayed on a HMI. I was looking at the Red Lion Data Plus as a method of doing this. I thought that with an auxillary RS485 module I could set up the Red Lion as a master and a slave to get the data I require into the Versamax. I do not need specific setup information (although any suggestions would be appreciated) but just if this is feasable so that I do not waste any time delving deeper into the Red Lion.

I don't know about that PLC. The Red Lion can go out and poll he Modbus RTU nodes.

Do a YouTube search for Red Lion gateway blocks. There are a few good video examples.

That application is certainly feasable and as Jeff mentioned we have videos on youtube and our website.

Thanks
Jeremy