'Communication between AB Panel View Plus 600 with micrologix 1200 controller'‏

suboliu

hello everybody,
I am new. Is there any one having eperience on communicate between panelview plus 600 and micrologix 1200 plc controller?

1. PLC is micrologix 1200. it only has a serial port to allow the communicate with panelview or PC.
2. HMI is panelview plus 600, it only has a serial port to allow the communicate with PLC or PC.
because I need downlod .rss plc file to plc, and dowload .mer file to pv plus. after download, I need plc communicate with pv plus. how can I configure rslinx enterprise on FT ME? that is : how can setup Design Tab and Runtime Tab?

I appreciat with any help

I recommend the following:

1. Get a low-profile null modem adapter for your 1761-CBL-PM02 programming cable that connects the MicroLogix to your PC. When you move the cable from your PC to the PanelView Plus, add the null modem adapter and the connection will work.

2. Use a CompactFlash card to transfer the Runtime program to the PanelView. You'll have to copy it from the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\Runtime folder on your PC, and put it in the proper [Root]:\Rockwell Software\RSViewME\Runtime folder on the CompactFlash card. Then use the File Management -> Copy Files feature on the PanelView Plus to copy the application into onboard memory.

3. In RSLinx Classic, configure the Runtime tab only. You can do this manually by right-clicking and adding the Serial DF1 driver, then right-clicking and adding the MicroLogix 1200 to the DF1 driver. Set up the driver as DF1 Full Duplex at 19200 baud, and be sure to set the error checking as CRC mode. Be sure to configure the Runtime tab driver to use COM1; this is the onboard serial port on the PanelView Plus terminal.

If you want to use both RSLinx Enterprise (to connect to your PanelView Plus) and RSLinx Classic (to connect to your MicroLogix), I very strongly recommend investing in an expansion serial port like the Keyspan/Trippline USA-19HS so you don't have to try to share the same physical serial port with two different programs.

Thank your very much. Ken Roach.
I will try your recommend 1, do you know that null modem adapter mark?
and I also want to try your recommend 3. as your said "in Rslinx classic, configure the Runtime tab only..." if it is in Rslinx enterprise, if no, how can configure the runtime tab only in RSLinx classic? can you give me some screen shot about these?
I can't do that your recommend 2- Use a CompactFlash card , because company doesn't it.

appreciate

I apologize; I meant to write "3. In RSLinx Enterprise, configure the Runtime tab only."

See, it even confuses longtime users like me !

CompactFlash cards are inexpensive. Get one of less than 2 GB capacity so that it can be formatted in FAT16 mode. If your Company doesn't have any and won't buy any, buy it yourself.

Null modem adapters are available from many retail sources. My favorite low-profile ones are from L-Com:

http://www.l-com.com/productfamily.aspx?id=1288

ok, thanks alot. i am going to buy tomorrow. if during my configuration, i have problem, I hope get your help.
Thanks!!!!!!!!

"We've met."

Yes, I am sure it will work.

My suggestions are a simplified approach to using PanelView Plus, MicroLogix 1200 and a PC together.

They do not represent the only method for configuring these devices, but rather the one that in my experience is the most straightforward for a new user to implement.

These basic connectivity and usage questions are really the sort of thing your local Rockwell Automation distributor should be able to answer for you. While this Forum is a great resource, sometimes it's even better to have somebody come over and show you how to plug things in.

My recommendation:

Only configure the Runtime tab in RSLinx Enterprise with a driver and a Shortcut to the MicroLogix.

Do NOT configure a serial driver in the Design tab in RSLinx Enterprise.

Only use your computer's serial port with RSLinx Classic, to communicate with RSLogix 500 software and the MicroLogix 1200 controller.

1. Get a low-profile null modem adapter for your 1761-CBL-PM02 programming cable that connects the MicroLogix to your PC. When you move the cable from your PC to the PanelView Plus, add the null modem adapter and the connection will work.

2. Use a CompactFlash card to transfer the Runtime program to the PanelView. You'll have to copy it from the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\RSView Enterprise\ME\Runtime folder on your PC, and put it in the proper [Root]:\Rockwell Software\RSViewME\Runtime folder on the CompactFlash card. Then use the File Management -> Copy Files feature on the PanelView Plus to copy the application into onboard memory.

3. In RSLinx Classic, configure the Runtime tab only. You can do this manually by right-clicking and adding the Serial DF1 driver, then right-clicking and adding the MicroLogix 1200 to the DF1 driver. Set up the driver as DF1 Full Duplex at 19200 baud, and be sure to set the error checking as CRC mode. Be sure to configure the Runtime tab driver to use COM1; this is the onboard serial port on the PanelView Plus terminal.

If you want to use both RSLinx Enterprise (to connect to your PanelView Plus) and RSLinx Classic (to connect to your MicroLogix), I very strongly recommend investing in an expansion serial port like the Keyspan/Trippline USA-19HS so you don't have to try to share the same physical serial port with two different programs.

how to Set up the driver as DF1 Full Duplex at 19200 baud, and be sure to set the error checking as CRC mode. in Rslinx enterprise, I didn't find some place to set these.

please see my attached file

when I creat runtime file, it say can't save tag database. see attach