Yaskawa A1000 to Compactlogix

jaustin@sweed

I'm currently integrating a Yaskawa a1000 to be controlled by compactlogix. I'm having trouble with getting the "output current" from the drive to be noticed in the plc. I used the tag generator with the 151 input assembly. The tag properties are, Type=consumed. Data Type= Real. External access=Read/write. style= float. Not 100% sure if this is right? Any help would be appreciated!

To get the motor current you have use Explicit Messaging
down load the Yaskawa manual for the details
I think it is Instance 1 Class 66 Attribute 67 but check the manual

Well I've gotten the explicit messaging set up as in the Yaskawa work shop. But I can't seem to find the correct "Instance, Class, or Attribute" I used the one that you gave me and it doesnt seem to work. I've looked in all of the manuals that are on yaskawa's websitefor the A1000, and cant find anything that tells me what I need for "Output Current". In any event, thank you for your help!

There is a way to set it up as an input data type but its been a while since I have done it.
you have to use a general type and configure it to read the data you want
standard is 4 8 bit words combine as 2 16 bit words (INT)
but you can set it up to read 8 8 bit words combine as 4 16 bit (INT)
call Yaskawa on Monday

Hi,

Hopefully this helps. I recently had to integrate Yaskawa U1000 VSDs in a recent project.

I've included some screen shots for your reference.

Screen shots link: http://imgur.com/a/aMgV8

I used Input Assembly Instance 166 which is 22 words long.

In this case I used DataWord 6 (7th word) in the assembly and passed it into a SCP AOI to convert to current in amps.
My current SCP input and output tags are of data type: REAL.

Last edited: