Wonderware Real Time Trend

Ones_Zeros

Hello,
I have a computer that has a older version of Wonderware InTouch.
The data is working but the Real Time Trend doesn't seem to be working. The
trend graph is blank, its not trending the data in real time.

I was wondering if anyone has had this same issue.

Here is a image of the setup

Thanks for helping

The sample time of 5 minutes is much longer than needed for a 24 hour span. I'm not in front of a system to find out the minimum sample for 24 hours but I’m sure it’s less than two minutes. Try 20 or 40 seconds. It’ll tell you if that’s too many data points. Sample time has to be a divisor of total trend time. Maybe it looks like seconds is checked instead of minutes and you’re not waiting long enough for the first sample. If the trend is working, you should see times populated for the time divisions after the first sample.

Make sure the range of Tagname works with the range of 0-300 range selected. To use different ranges with different pens, you can add math to expressions such as Tagname *15 to make a 0-20 value fill the chart. Another thing that might help show if a value is pegged low or high is make the pen width a couple pixels to help see the line at the top or bottom.

The sample time of 5 minutes is much longer than needed for a 24 hour span. I'm not in front of a system to find out the minimum sample for 24 hours but I’m sure it’s less than two minutes. Try 20 or 40 seconds. It’ll tell you if that’s too many data points. Sample time has to be a divisor of total trend time. Maybe it looks like seconds is checked instead of minutes and you’re not waiting long enough for the first sample. If the trend is working, you should see times populated for the time divisions after the first sample.

Make sure the range of Tagname works with the range of 0-300 range selected. To use different ranges with different pens, you can add math to expressions such as Tagname *15 to make a 0-20 value fill the chart. Another thing that might help show if a value is pegged low or high is make the pen width a couple pixels to help see the line at the top or bottom.

The max samples is 1024. I usually use 5s for 1hr (720 samples), 30s for 8hr (960 samples), and 90s for 24hr (960 samples).

thanks everyone for their help.
I got the real time trend working again

Looks like moving the previous day of *.LGH data done the trick.

thanks again

thanks everyone for their help.
I got the real time trend working again

Looks like moving the previous day of *.LGH data done the trick.

thanks again

I had that issue a few times with older versions of Intouch usually not stopping the Intouch App before shutting down the computer is the cause. Intouch cannot close down the historical log file correctly.

If you need the data from the corrupted day...shut down the Intouch app.
MOVE all the existing *.lgh files (and *.idx if made during your version) to "Store - Good History" folder...not the folder where you have the corrupted #.lgh file.
Then COPY the corrupted *lgh file to the original location of the history files and "COPY" about 2 days of good *lgh files. in with the corrupted lgh file.
Now restart Intouch and you should have access to the information on the corrupted file up to the time it was corrupted. Of course you will see any new data due to corrupted time stamp at end if bad file.
After you get data you need... the just shut down Intouch, MOVE the existing history files. out of History folder and copy the good "Good History" files back in. Restart Intouch.

Make you follow Move and Copy instructions to keep form mixing up the corrupted history file. with good data.

The easier way.... is to get software that has the ability to read *lgh files and extract data..
Best around, and really only one I have seen, is called "LGH File Inspector" from Software Toolbox.

https://www.softwaretoolbox.com/lghfileinspector/lghfileinspector.html

I had that issue a few times with older versions of Intouch usually not stopping the Intouch App before shutting down the computer is the cause. Intouch cannot close down the historical log file correctly.

If you need the data from the corrupted day...shut down the Intouch app.
MOVE all the existing *.lgh files (and *.idx if made during your version) to "Store - Good History" folder...not the folder where you have the corrupted #.lgh file.
Then COPY the corrupted *lgh file to the original location of the history files and "COPY" about 2 days of good *lgh files. in with the corrupted lgh file.
Now restart Intouch and you should have access to the information on the corrupted file up to the time it was corrupted. Of course you will see any new data due to corrupted time stamp at end if bad file.
After you get data you need... the just shut down Intouch, MOVE the existing history files. out of History folder and copy the good "Good History" files back in. Restart Intouch.

Make you follow Move and Copy instructions to keep form mixing up the corrupted history file. with good data.

The easier way.... is to get software that has the ability to read *lgh files and extract data..
Best around, and really only one I have seen, is called "LGH File Inspector" from Software Toolbox.

https://www.softwaretoolbox.com/lghfileinspector/lghfileinspector.html

You can actually download a trial of LGH File Inspector to see if you can export the data form your corrupted file.