VersaMax

jamesnie

Merry Wednesday!

Can someone enlighten me on the difference between the IC200UDRE005-CH and the IC200UDRE005-BA

what do the "CH" and the "BA" refer to, and would it have any efffect on communications?

We have a customer who has bought the BA version from us and is saying it wont communicate with his laptop, he sent it back, and it was tested again, both ports working fine. Again, he says the same, this time with a video, and sure enough, its not communicating with his laptop.

I noticed in the video the model numbers were different (the BA and CH variants) and that he was using a SNP to RS232 converter.

We do not deal with Fanuc PLCs and Proficy very often, so knowledge of them is very limited. if its not the model numbers, what in the program could be preventing it from communicating?

Odds are its his USB/SNP converter (they are all not created equal).... the last two are firmware codes, so if the ports are good he should be able to connect regardless of the firmware as the ports should be the same

Mark is correct that the last characters of the part number denote the revision level. The OP should suggest to the customer to check the COM port number assigned to the USB/serial converter and make sure it matches the port the programming software is using.