OT - Machine timing strobe

Norml

Hi guys,

Can someone recommend a strobe light that can be triggered externally by a proximity sensor? The application is a custom sewing machine driven by 2 servos (master/slave). The master servo is driving the top half of the machine (needle) and the slave is driving the bottom half (bobbin). I need to convince myself that everything is running in sync and stays that way.

My preferred way would be mechanical linkage, belt coupling etc.

Millions of them are serving us worldwide!

My preferred way would be mechanical linkage, belt coupling etc.

Millions of them are serving us worldwide!

The problem is that we had to cut the sewing machine in half so that we could swing the top of the sewing machine out of the way (no way for mechanical coupling). Makes for some interesting timing challenges.