seimens s7-300 error light

ajay34

hello all

lately i been getting msg at CPU error light BSF (red) and SF(red) is on ..
where by it not able to operate any device..i had check thru all input and output connection looking for any short curcuit ..as while doing it all sudden it
come normal mean working condition..i been scretching my head try to figure why this happen ..it something come n go on it own ..

what could be wrong .as my knowedlge it most to input had some problem
again what is BSF mean

BSF = Bus fault (one of your Bus members is not accessible)
SF = System Fault may result from the above
a periphery device or address is non existent
diagnose the bus first

Do you have a laptop with Simatic Step7 installed and configured to access a PLC?

If you do have one, connect to the PLC or to the network depending on the settings, open the software project for that PLC (if you have one), on the project menu, expand all levels until a CPU is showing. With that selected, click Ctrl + D... a Pop-up will open and there will be a diagnostic tab that will give you more information.

If you don't have the software, you can try to upload from the PLC and inspect the Diagnostic info that way.

thanks for the info and tip..i will try to look 1 by 1 ..

i do found 2 unit of remote extension input no power at all.to the module.does this could make the system error..it happen last nite and i do notice this while checking on it all sudden the input device is light up. i m in correct track to look in this

Yes, if you have configured these devices in your HW and they are offline you will get a BF.

If you try to access the IO on these devices when they are not present, you will get SF too.