Vibration/ shock sensors

locotumbler

I have a system I am using a vision system on. It fires an air cylinder to stamp off a part. I have been asked by my Quality Manager to verify I don't exceed the MFG spec on G limits. I have never been ask to detect this. Anyone have a lead on what kind of sensor or meter I may need to detect this?

Thank you in advance.

First !!
you must nail down what you want !
dot every I and cross every t, and no i'm not joking!

second, you must be good in math and have a plc that can do the math.

Kiesler makes an accelerometer that we used to measure force.
I wasn't involved with that project but that is what I know, I was pulled off the
project and put on an automotive test line instead.

maybe others with more experience can chime in.

kames

I have a vibration logger that i mount first, just to see what kind of vibration i am up against, you need to have a good idea about G, Acceleration and Sequence, before You will be able to buy the correct sensor.

I prefer fast acting sensors with a voltage output, wired directly to my PLC, there are many different suppliers of vibration/acceleration sensors, but ones you have the data for what sensor you need, it is just picking one whit a good reputation and good service :)

I have a vibration logger that i mount first, just to see what kind of vibration i am up against, you need to have a good idea about G, Acceleration and Sequence, before You will be able to buy the correct sensor.

I prefer fast acting sensors with a voltage output, wired directly to my PLC, there are many different suppliers of vibration/acceleration sensors, but ones you have the data for what sensor you need, it is just picking one whit a good reputation and good service :)

the logger sounds like exactly what I am looking for. can you share the make and model of the unit you use?

the logger sounds like exactly what I am looking for. can you share the make and model of the unit you use?

By logger I believe he is speaking of the sensor he uses to log the data. Do a search for velocity transmitter or accelerometers. A physics book might be helpful as well. Similar story as above we have an application but I was not part of the development.

IFM, Allen Bradley and I am sure many others make these types of sensors.

attached and highlighted is the spec I am concerned with recording to ensure I am exceeding it.

This would be a simple task with a vibration logger, you can set it up to log every 50 msec op to an 90 minutes, I think that would be enough to show you the vibration the camera is exposed to.