logix5000 issue

mdelyser

I am using logix 5000 with an HMI that is unable to read ALIAS tags, User defined data types or an INT down to BIT level. Is there a way to map an INT or DINT to a BOOL array? Suggestions? Thanks.

Hrm... just maybe, could'ya possibly, if'n it tisn't too much trouble, just add a few teensy details?

If you'd rather not, I'll just say that my HMI works fine with my processor, so you really don't have a problem.

Sorry about that...
I am using a Maple Systems HMI with a CLX L61 rev 18 processor
My company's standard code uses Alias tags to read down to bit level of an INT word for a jam condition in the system. The HMI cannot read this Alias tag or the bit level of the INT word, the HMI can only see the INT word itself and read its overall value. I am hoping to find a way to map the bit level of the INT word into a BOOL array that the HMI can read. I am just trying to find a better way than having a rung of code for each bit mapped over. The final BOOL Bit is to trigger a specific alarm message in the HMI.
I hope gives you some more info..... Thanks for the help

Not sure which Maple Systems unit you are using but a couple of weeks ago I recieved an email from them regarding an update for EZWare 5000 to version 4.40. One of the updates had to do with a "User defined data type editor" that is billed as "A tool to allow the Maple Graphic HMI to interface with Allen Bradley User Defined Data Types". Hopes this helps

Does your HMI support expressions? If so you can use a bitwise AND to determine the state of any bit in an integer.

(TagName AND 1) will tell you if Tagname.0 is set.
(Tagname AND 2) will tell you if Tagname.1 is set.
(Tagname AND 4) will tell you if Tagname.2 is set.
(Tagname AND 8) will tell you if Tagname.3 is set.
etc.

Wow, guys, have you forgotten the feature in Logix5000 where you can dedicate items to legacy addressing?

Under the Logic Drop down menu, select Map PLC/SLC Messages...

There you will assign your booleans array to the right file for a slc/plc.

David