FANAUC Robot

chintankAne

Hi I have fanuc controller R-30iB and I want to connect my safety light curtain with controller.

I need help in IO wiring my application is such that if anyone break light curtain robot have to stop. and after that when operator clear light curtain and heat reset button Robot have to start execution of program from where it stop.

Fanuc Robot controllers typically have three safety circuits that have to be addressed - the EES (estop), the EAS (fence), and the EGS (servo). Your light curtain should be wired to the EAS circuit. In auto cycle, the robot will stop. In manual or teach mode, the light curtain can be over ridden with the teach pendant safety buttons.

In this example drawing, 815CRM & 817CRM are contacts from a dual element safety circuit. 865CR & 867CR are dual elements driven by the light curtain circuit.

robotsafety.jpg

Thank you jstolaruk for your help. But my problem is when my light curtain block that time my robot is stop.

But i want to continue my cycle from same place where it stop. problem is when it stop and I hit my clear fault button robot go to home and cycle start from beginning.

There is a setting for that in the configuration but I can't recall exactly what it is unless I have a teach pendant in front of me and that won't be until Monday.

Well, where are the UI signals coming from?
Is there a host PLC? Or custom control panel with buttons?
Did you try to discover whether the CSTOPI input signal is generated anywhere?
Also, what is the program selection method?

UI signal coming from PLC (UOP Signal)

And Program selection method is from system<<configuration<<original program name

I can't find CSTOPI signal

Hi,
I have R30ib plus controller and have safety area scanner and light curtain. I need to know the wiring for light curtain. If operator blocks light curtain the robots should not stop the process and robots should stop if anything blocks area scanner.