Mettler Toledo Scale

freepat

Hi, I need to communicate with a Mettler Toledo Scale with ALlen_bradley Rio Option. I using a 1747-Sn, my plc is a SLC503, rslogix 500 7.10. It's just for weight display

Anyone can help me with a sample or a tips

thanks

freepat said:
Hi, I need to communicate with a Mettler Toledo Scale with ALlen_bradley Rio Option. I using a 1747-Sn, my plc is a SLC503, rslogix 500 7.10. It's just for weight display

Anyone can help me with a sample or a tips

thanks

Done it many times, pretty straight forward and reliable. What do you need to know?

Ian

Never did it with a SLC, but have used it with many 5's. It's been awhile, but if I remember correctly the scale is 1/4 rack, with two input words, and two output words. You need to acquire the manual on the scale rio module, one of the input words is the weight, and the other one contains status bits. The output word can be manipulated at the bit level to reset, tare etc....

No BTW or BTR required, the data will be in the I/O image table, you just need to manual mentioned above to decipher what's located where. Unless Metler-Toledo has changed the way they do things, you will have to get the manual from you local rep. you cannot download it, and it's not on the standard CD that ships with the scale. Which scale module are you interfacing with, the Jaguar?

mt_1.jpg

Configure Toledo as 1/4 in 1747-SN G data area

mt_2.jpg

weight is first I/O word
status is second
documentation gives status of bits

mt_3.jpg

user program usuage

Sort of correct. The weight can overflow into the second word. It can be up to a 21-bit signed value if you select the EXT format (extended). There are some logic examples on the Mettler documentation CD that gives you some ideas on how to parse this. In my case I needed this to get the additional range and resolution.

Darren

dash said:
Sort of correct. The weight can overflow into the second word. It can be up to a 21-bit signed value if you select the EXT format (extended). There are some logic examples on the Mettler documentation CD that gives you some ideas on how to parse this. In my case I needed this to get the additional range and resolution.

Darren

This must be new to the Panther , or are you referring to the Jaguar?
Which parameter is this

Thanks
Ian

I was fairly certain that this was available on the Panther as well as the Jag Extreme, but I could be mistaken. It has been awhile since I have used the Panther.

Darren

Can you give more details, post your SN configuration?
What is the RIO setup R/G/S?
Do you currently have other RIO?
If so do they work?
What does the status LED of the scanner look like?
Are you using true "blue hose", what baud rate?
and so on.

The more details you can post, the less questions we will have to ask.

Ok, I got It. My 1747-Sn config: Logicial Rack 0, Group 0, 1/4 rack, 57 kbaute, 125 ohms

IND560 config; Node 0, file type integer,

Very sample. Your have a message on IND560 when Sn and Scale is ok;;;;; PLC is Online...

thank you