RS logix 500 version 7 and 8

jamalshahid

Hi guys,
I have a question.
Can we open RSlogix 500 version 7 in version 8.

I have a program that is made in version 8 but now i have to do some changes and right now version 7 is available to me. If i do changes in version 7 and save those changes. Can i open edited program in version 8 again or not.

Please let me know. Thanks

Sir thanks for your reply.
The program is made in 8.10.00(CPR 9) version.
Right now i have V 7. If i do changes in V7 . Can i open project again in 8.10.00(CPR 9).

Please reply me. So i can start doing changes.

You CAN'T open a ver. 8 file with a ver. 7 software. You need ver. 8 software. Sometimes it possible to manually modify the ver. 8 file BACK to ver. 7, but then it's a ver. 7 file.

I am able to open ver 8 in ver 7. my concern is if i do changes in ver 7 .after doing changes in ver 7 can i open edited program in ver 8.

You CAN'T open a ver. 8 file with a ver. 7 software. You need ver. 8 software. Sometimes it possible to manually modify the ver. 8 file BACK to ver. 7, but then it's a ver. 7 file.

Are you sure about that? I have V8.30 on my Desktop, and the Maintenance Laptop is V7.30. I do my edits in 8.30, and they use the Laptop with V7.30 to Troubleshoot with. There have been no issues or problems with this.

Stu....

Sir thanks for your reply.
The program is made in 8.10.00(CPR 9) version.
Right now i have V 7. If i do changes in V7 . Can i open project again in 8.10.00(CPR 9).

Please reply me. So i can start doing changes.

I thought I did answer that.

Stu....

šŸ™ƒ Nevermind. Must have been a long day. I misread it as RLogix 5000. You definately can open a ver. 7 file in ver. 8. I think you should be able to then open it in ver. 8.

šŸ™ƒ Nevermind. Must have been a long day. I misread it as RLogix 5000. You definately can open a ver. 7 file in ver. 8. I think you should be able to then open it in ver. 8.

Hey, we all have days like that, and we have all misread posts. Time for a beer. šŸ»

Stu....