Profibus FMS: is there a master on it or not

sinanissa

I have an old system for tracking our product: pipes. and i am working for this company for five months.

this system contains a Profibus FMS network between 6 Siemens PLCs (300 and 400) and 2 Control Cards on special systems for testing pipes, and One PC with Aplicom Card which supports the profibus FMS hardware connection.

Now we need to connect another PC to the network, where both PCs will get data from the PLCs and these two Control Cards. Before doing it, can i do such a thing, i mean, can i make two masters on the same network? please, if any body know a website that can explain more about Profibus FMS, include it in your reply.

thank you all.

if any body know a website that can explain more about Profibus FMS, include it in your reply.

hello sinanissa;
There is a lot of documentation on FMS available on Siemens' support website (www.support.automation.siemens.com), such as this introduction:
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/1652762

If you search for the SiemensFMS comm. processor numbers in the Search box, you should find some good manuals, Faqs.... to helps you out.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

Thank you daniel for the link.

I have another question. On the same network that I mentioned before, if i just take off one of the connectors from the PC side, just like this, pulling it out and let it there, shall the network continue running without any problems?

I tried to search this in the link that Daniel give it to me, but i did not find. The problem that we will run a two systems at the same time: one new and the other is old. after the new system succeeded, we will remove the old system. So the connector will be without any termination or will not be connected to any device. Is this healthy for the network or not? If it is not, what shall i do?

I know may be it seams that i can just put the new PC in the place of old system and return every thing to previous situation but with the new system. But the administration is pushing me to relocate the position of the PC.

thank you all for reading and replying.