Omron CPM1A System Alarm (FAL) Error

Mat.Hinse

Hi,

I have recently being using a Omron CPM1A-40CDR-D-V1 and transferred an old program on it. I was testing the program and making some modifications since it came from a older PLC and the outputs didn't match. After I was done testing I cut the power to the PLC to turn it off and the next time I powered it back on it told me that there is a error with the PLC and the red error light on the PLC flashes on and off.

The error is; Code: 0x009B, status: Non-Fatal, Details: System Alarm (FAL) Error

The PLC still works fine, I can still do everything I could before the error but, before I use the PLC for actual use I would like to remove the error. I have searched online for a answer but haven't come across a solution yet.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/346495/Omron-Cpm1a.html?page=146#manual

This link tells me to check Flags AR 1300 to 1302 and then check the corresponding DM but I don't know what AR or DM are and how to access them.

If you know what I should do about this error, your help would be greatly appreciated.

https://www.fa.omron.com.cn/data_pdf/mnu/w353-e1-06_cpm1_cpm_a_cpm2c_srm1-v2.pdf?id=119

SYS FAIL FAL 9B
An error has been detected in the PC Setup. Check flags AR 1300 to AR 1302, and
correct as directed.

AR 1300 ON: An incorrect setting was detected in the PC Setup (DM 6600 to DM 6614) when power was turned on. Correct the settings in PROGRAM Mode and turn on the power again.
AR 1301 ON: An incorrect setting was detected in the PC Setup (DM 6615 to DM 6644) when switching to RUN Mode. Correct the settings in PROGRAM Mode and switch to RUN Mode again.
AR 1302 ON: An incorrect setting was detected in the PC Setup (DM 6645 to DM 6655) during operation. Correct the settings and clear the error.

Connect to the PLC with your software and monitor the bits AR1300, 1301 and 1302. This will then point to where in the PC Setup area that needs to be corrected.

Your older program and this must have some differences in the setup area to give this message.
Section 1 of the above manual explains the PC Setup area.

Regards,

Thanks, Garry

I have tried to look for the AR flags in the memory but I couldn't find the AR1300 to AR1302 but only AR00 and AR10. I looked in the DM also and 6600 was the only bit that was showing any data.

Any ways it doesn't matter because I fixed it... I think. I installed another program that I had put in before and didn't have any problem with. After installing it I cut the power to the PLC and turned it back on and the error was gone. I then reinstalled the other program that was giving me an error and I ran it and made some test and then shut the power and turned it back on. But the error didn't come back like I thought it might!

What I'm thinking is that when I originally shut the power while the PLC was running and then turned it back on it created the error, and by powering the PLC back on with a program made for this model, it resetted the settings. But I might be wrong, it's the best that my 2 years in Mechanical engineering in University can come up with haha.

The manual you linked help me come up with the idea of installing a original program.

Thank you for your help!