Siemens TIA portal SCL view disassembly

Hoffelhass

Hey everybody,

I've recently started messing around with TIA portal V11. Reviewing my company's software. A lot of it was written in poorly documented STL and FBD. I've tried recreating that software in SCL, because it is much more user friendly (readability, maintenance-wise).

I've written a simple Digital Input block (170 lines of code including comments and white lines). It however manages to compile this into a 3 kilobyte piece of code. Now I'm wondering where all this code comes from. I would like to see the STL source to see what the compiler is actually creating. However I can't find this functionality anywhere. Am I missing something or am I just being weird in thinking this functionality should be present?

Using Step 7 V5.5 (and previous versions) open the block editor then use File>Open and select the block you wish to view. Hopefully the same functionality is provided in TIA

If you open the block from the blocks folder, the SCL editor is invoked.

Using Step 7 V5.5 (and previous versions) open the block editor then use File>Open and select the block you wish to view. Hopefully the same functionality is provided in TIA

I see how that works in Step 7 V5.5, but TIA does not have a separate block editor. It's all integrated. So unfortunately that method is no longer possible. You can still switch between STL/LAD/FBD, but not between those and SCL or Graph.

Any other ideas? :)

Post the SCL source code on here and someone will compile it and post the STL.

I'd rather not post company property on here. Besides that, I would like to use this function in future designs as well, as a means of optimizing code. I also have the older Simatic Manager on this computer. Could you tell me how I would go about compiling it into STL?

I thought about importing it into Simatic Manager by simply copying the SCL file from TIA to the manager and compiling it, however TIA uses a slightly different syntax for its SCL. Also, I'm using a UDT in my SCL file, which I would have to recreate completely in the old Siemens SCL file, something I'd rather avoid..

This. Ofc you need to rewrite those parts that are not same.