RSlogix 5000, Cant Upload Or Download.

dhuber

Hello Everyone,

I have a 1756-L73S with the safety partner in a rack with a 1756-EN2T. This morning when going online with the processor, I was able to go online, but as soon as I clicked save and then upload tag values with, it would fault out and give me a fatal error. It also would when I tried to just upload, upload with an older file, upload and create a new file, upload directly from the Ethernet card with no network plugged in and also direct USB to the PLC. The error is attached in a pic.
I also cannot download to the processor. We have tried inhibiting pretty much all of the ethernet devices and trying with no luck. Have been in contact with Tech support, but short of removing the battery and cycling power to wipe the controller nothing has worked. I can be online and modify the program, i just cant upload or download.
Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Fatal Error Message.JPG

What does a TechConnect contract get you?

The symptoms they saw were different, but perhaps this will help.

OG

Cause

Start Page Media uses ieframe.dll file. It is Internet Explorer file. This is a file that allows web browser to translate the HTML code. If your computer is experiencing ieframe.dll problems, you will simply not be able to view Start Page Media and run RSLogix 5000 software.

Answer

In order to resolve this issue disable Start Page Media. To do it follow the steps
1.Go to Start -> Run
2.Type regedit and press Enter
3.Go to HKEY_Current_User\Software\Rockwell Software\RSLogix 5000\Start Page
4.Change value Never Show from 0 to 1