Wonderware Historian

akd.jrdb

Hi Good day,

Is there a way or default tag that can monitor the connection of wonderware historian? or What is the best way to monitor if the Historian is actually running?

Thank you in advance. :geek: :geek: :geek:

Regards,
Joe

Hi Joe.

In the past, I have integrated a wonderware syntax that allows a lookup in the windows task manager for checking if certain programs are running etc. This could work....

If memory serves me correctly- this was done on a 11.1 application.

Here is an example below:

{Microsoft Notepad}
InfoAppActive(“Document Name - Notepad”);

{Microsoft Excel}
InfoAppActive(“Microsoft Excel – Spreadsheet Name”);

{Usage in a conditional statement}
IF InfoAppActive(“Microsoft Excel – Application Name”) == 0 THEN
{Start Microsoft Excel}
StartApp “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Excel.exe C:\SpreadsheetLocation\Spreadheet.XLS”;
ENDIF;

Last edited:
If you are using Application Server you can create a Platform for that server and monitor to see if it is atleast online. This is making an assumption if the server is online that it is collecting data.