Wiring 0-10VDC Analog input

sparkytex

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey guys,

I've only dealt with wiring 4-20mA analog inputs as the majority of instruments I've used are 4-20mA. I'm using a Mitsubishi VFD and their analog output I'm using to send the VFD's 0-60Hz signal to the PLC is 0-10VDC on terminals AM and #5.

PLC being used is a 1769 AB compact logix. The card used is a 1769 IF4I 4 channel analog input module. If I'm using CH.Data.0 on the card would I just wire it as Analog common (-) from VFD to CH0- and the Analog positive (+) from VFD to CH0+.

I'm fairly confident in scaling the 0 to +10VDC on the PLC but just unsure of the field wiring on the card and if I need any jumpers etc.

any help is greatly appreciated.

- Tex

According to the manual for that card, you are correct. Common to ch0- and Positive to ch0+.

Bubba.