FTHistorian to FT SE is it possible.

Ken Moore

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Gang,
Haven't been by in many moons. Too busy.🤾

I have run across an issue I cannot resolve. I have an application that was installed in the spring, so recent software versions. I have a Rockwell FactoryTalk Historian, and a FactoryTalk SE (distributed) server. I am collecting data from a 3rd party and displaying it and historizing it too.

I have a performance equation running in the Historian that selects the highest value from a set of tags, and the averages the highest value. I want to display the result in SE, but cannot seem to do it. I have tried {FTHistorian::Mytag} which SE says is valid, but nothing displays.

In the short term, I have embedded a small 2 x 3 Trend in the graphic, which shows the tag historical and current value. But it's not ideal.

Thanks,

Ken M.

Called Rockwell Tech Support this morning. It's possible, but you have to go around your elbow to get where you need to be.
Since the FTHistorian is connected directly to the PLC, not the HMI. The Historian can write a value to a tag in the PLC. Then in the HMI, I read and display the PLC tag. I tested it today, and it works.

-Ken