home automation

cocooner

C
I just ran across the handful of home automation threads in the forum. I would be interested in pulling home runs for a system of my own. But it has me thinking about the receptacles throughout the house. One can't limit the current available to a receptacle to the limits of a PLC output. So we are forced to consider relays for each receptacle for control and a full 15/20 amps available. What about retrofits? Are there any 'small/inexpensive/capable of 15-20A' relays that could possibly be mounted in/near 2x4 box?

Excuse my 'just thinking and typing' post.

Relays of mechanical nature capable of 15-20 amp loads are going to be of substantial size, solid state relays will reduce the physical size substantially for that type of load, but then will be more costly. Just out of curousity, why would you want to install relays at utilization points? In that case you would use the existing wire for your supply yet still have to pull in controls wires back to your processor? Do you need 15-20 amps for the devices you are actually going to use?
I haven't read to many of the posts on this topic in here, but I have done some automation wiring in my own house. I used a central plc, AB 504 with a few Flex I/O Blocks located closer to where I wanted to use them at. This allowed me to just run "Blue Hose" from processor to remote locations and greatly reduced my required wiring for devices, and gave me the flexibility to add on to the system at a later time very easily.
I actually had a friend who automated his sliding patio door with a couple photo eyes so that his dog could let itself out instead of having to constantly get up and down to let the dog in and out, haha. Same friend also had a fish pond in his yard that the birds kept going in and eating his fish on him, he hooked up a motion sensor to a water sprinkler and water valve to spray them whenever they tried to go into his pond, no more problems with birds eating his fish again. I guess just a couple of simple things that can be done with home automation.
Good Luck with your project, it is an interesting thing to actually do.

We stock those relays by the hundreds because they get you up and running really fast. They mount really fast and the model we stock will run on anything from 12v-120v AC-DC depending on the leads selected!! And the Hand-Off-Auto ones are great as well.

:)

Automation in irrigation

Good day and my thanks to all staff which are supervisores and employee and members of eng place
I have project of Atomation in irrigation to cotrolling gates and measurment the quantity of the discharge water and the level in front and back of the gate and soil deg using internate communication(SCADA system) .
I want the hard wear whch are appropriate and PLC equ to replace (the control equ is old wiring type)and type of RTU equ and sotwear prog .
The capicity of server to control 50 gates in different location each group 4-6 gates
i am weatig the ans....my friend
Thank you

Automation in IRR

Thank you for your interest in the subject and the natural is to start a new project to replace the control panels from wiring old type yo PLC panels cont type and installing SCADA systems
The problem is what is the type of equipment Suitable for this specialization ?