Off Topic: Here's a sign that you don't see every day.

I was in North Carolina On Monday and every over head sign on I-77 had a similar warning.Flew out of Charlotte just in time to miss the eclipse.

I was in North Carolina On Monday and every over head sign on I-77 had a similar warning.Flew out of Charlotte just in time to miss the eclipse.

That would have been a flight that I accidentally had to miss... :)

A couple of guys from my old company had to leave for Mississippi last Friday, they were P***ed...

We saw a few of them... they had more than 2 million people came to SC to watch... and I could tell (most of them drove like ****)

It was really cool to watch, I will be there in 2024

I was one of the people not really expecting much, figured the whole thing was way over-hyped. I have to say that it was way cooler than I expected. I think I will definitely travel to checkout the next one.

One of the cool things was the clouds, I went to the store at noon and the clouds were starting to thicken up, the weatherman was saying a good chance for storms, I thought I was screwed.... then about 10% of the sun was covered and I looked up and not a cloud in the sky everyone evaporated, once it was all over the clouds also started to come back

Another strange thing was the color of everything, it was off, not really shaded it was just wrong, looked really weird

One time I was driving up Interstate 5 between the towns of Woodland and Kalama Washington. Traffic unusually came to a crawl. I could see smoke from the southbound lanes, I couldn't see what was going on because the northbound lanes are at a slightly higher elevation at this point.

I got closer, there is a section of the left shoulder where there is no barrier and you could technically pull your car into a grassy area. It might be feet where you could do this. People were parking there, getting out and taking pictures of this poor guy's semi-truck that was up in flames. People were actually stopping in the left lane of interstate 5 and signaling, as if they were reserving the next spot that someone backs out of so they could stop and take a picture.

That sign seems appropriate...

Here is a google view of the area