The Game of Simon – Do-More PLC to AdvancedHMI via Modbus TCP

gclshortt

mediumcontrol_simon_01.jpg

Simon was a game that I remember well when I was younger. This simple game can teach us how to program sequencers and look for inputs in a correct order. I believe that this can be a great leaning problem for PLC’s and HMI’s. You can learn about bit manipulation and sequencers in the PLC. HMI timing and control is also shown because of the time to play sounds and update to the next random set of lights.

Here is part of the post …
Building a PLC Program That You Can Be Proud Of – Part 5

Simon is a memory game introduced in 1978. It has four coloured buttons, each producing a particular tone when it is pressed or activated by the device. A round in the game consists of the device lighting up one or more buttons in a random order, after which the player must reproduce that order by pressing the buttons. As the game progresses, the number of buttons to be pressed increases. If the wrong button is hit the current game is over. Our game will have a high level score and a current level score.
We will be using AdvancedHMI to communicate Modbus TCP to the Automation Direct Do-More Designer Software Simulator.
YouTube Video of the Game being Played:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrfnDHCeJjk
Note: The PLC and HMI programs are provided free of charge and are an excellent way to learn PLC / HMI programming.

Here is a quick review of the programming series so far. If you are new to the site, we recommend reviewing the other parts in the series first. In part 1 we looked at writing PLC programs to control a traffic light using discrete bits and then using timed sequencing using indirect addressing. Part 2 used indirect addressing for inputs as well as output to control the sequence of pneumatic (air) cylinders in the program. Part 3 and 4 we returned to the traffic light application and expand our program significantly. We looked at the sequence of operation using Input, output and mask tables.
The first thing that we will do is look at the HMI programming. Please refer to the following post for information on setting up and using AdvancedHMI software.
Create a PLC with HMI Training and Learning Environment Free

Read the rest of the post….
Let me know what you think.
Thank you and Happy Holidays,

Simon Game HMI 130-min.png

Last edited:
The programming is excellent. And of course need to mention about the Simon game. simple game but very strong trainer of our memory. played when i was a young kid.

mediumcontrol_simon_01.jpg

Simon was a game that I remember well when I was younger. This simple game can teach us how to program sequencers and look for inputs in a correct order. I believe that this can be a great leaning problem for PLC’s and HMI’s. You can learn about bit manipulation and sequencers in the PLC. HMI timing and control is also shown because of the time to play sounds and update to the next random set of lights.

Here is part of the post …
Building a PLC Program That You Can Be Proud Of – Part 5

Simon is a memory game introduced in 1978. It has four coloured buttons, each producing a particular tone when it is pressed or activated by the device. A round in the game consists of the device lighting up one or more buttons in a random order, after which the player must reproduce that order by pressing the buttons. As the game progresses, the number of buttons to be pressed increases. If the wrong button is hit the current game is over. Our game will have a high level score and a current level score.
We will be using AdvancedHMI to communicate Modbus TCP to the Automation Direct Do-More Designer Software Simulator.
YouTube Video of the Game being Played:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrfnDHCeJjk
Note: The PLC and HMI programs are provided free of charge and are an excellent way to learn PLC / HMI programming.

Here is a quick review of the programming series so far. If you are new to the site, we recommend reviewing the other parts in the series first. In part 1 we looked at writing PLC programs to control a traffic light using discrete bits and then using timed sequencing using indirect addressing. Part 2 used indirect addressing for inputs as well as output to control the sequence of pneumatic (air) cylinders in the program. Part 3 and 4 we returned to the traffic light application and expand our program significantly. We looked at the sequence of operation using Input, output and mask tables.
The first thing that we will do is look at the HMI programming. Please refer to the following post for information on setting up and using AdvancedHMI software.
Create a PLC with HMI Training and Learning Environment Free

Read the rest of the post….
Let me know what you think.
Thank you and Happy Holidays,

Such an addicting game... been trying to learn the secrets of the code but always end up just playing the game.