Plc Fault as '' Bad system configuration'' from Plc5

sinanmoral

I am getting ''Bad system configuration'' fault from the Plc5 processor maybe three times a week or less or more. After getting clear this error, the machine is working again.

I am not an expert about Plc and just having basic knowledge but I would like know and solve the root cause of this error message because It is really boring to going to the machine and having a breakdown.

Thanks in advance,

Is this being dispayed on a touch screen or other operator interface? I am curious where you are seeing this error message. In looking at the list of faults, that text is not found.

Get the fault code and we can go from there.

OG

I have seen this before and this is what we did to resolve the issue.

place the machine in the home position and press the estop.
make a copy of the plc program on the pc and place it in a safe location on the pc as a safety.
open the plc program with documentation, then go online and upload the current program. save the data also, changes may have been made.
go offline, close the program, then try to go back online with the plc as a safety.
go offline.
turn off the plc and reseat the cards, plc, I/o communications cards, and power supply cable several times to clean the connection points. we have to do this on several plc's in the plant.
if this keeps up, you may want to consider replacing the rack or components one at a time until the culprit is discovered.
james

So Major Error S:11/9 is being set.
I can see that there is no description in S:12, which is supposed to have a fault code.

What PLC5 processor do you have and how is the system made up?

1771 I/O racks? DH+/RIO, Flex I/O racks?
Has anything changed on the system recently? Power surges or dips to cause a hardware fault?

It does show that the last fault was on program file 40 Rung 19, and on that fault it goes to run program file 10.
File 40 has the title "FIFO_LOAD" - could be that there is a programming issue on a FIFO that only appears under certain conditions.
What PLC code is on file 40 rung 19?
What does program file 10 actually do?

Just a few checks to be trying....

Last edited:
If you can, post the .RSP file ( zip it first) and someone can help you look.

I'll repeat..
JohnCalderwood ask "Has anything changed on the system recently?"

Note codes 80-88 S:12

Last edited:
Due to limitation, I could not upload.

I talked with Rockwell tech, and They told me, Dowland plc back up and ControlNet configuration back again.

Note: Nothing changed on the machine as hardware or software nowadays.