Engineering degree - worthwhile for me?

PLCbox,

Follow your heart. You will be happier in the long run. I wouldn't get hung up on the money. You seem to like the sparky side of things, so lean that way. I have worked on a ton of different things. I always did it because it was fun. It was hard, mind you, but fun.

I can't really express it very well but this guy can.

"What color is your parachute", 2009 Richard Nelson Bolles.

Read this book cover to cover.

IMHO

-Rjay

What programs have eliminated these? They sound like flimsy programs that aren't ABET accredited. My advise is to not waste time on a non-accredited program. Instead, find one that is if you're going to put the effort forth.

I see ABET as a requirement in more and more engineer type positions - definitely something to keep in mind.

Dan Bentler

PLCbox,

Follow your heart. You will be happier in the long run. I wouldn't get hung up on the money. You seem to like the sparky side of things, so lean that way. I have worked on a ton of different things. I always did it because it was fun. It was hard, mind you, but fun.

I can't really express it very well but this guy can.

"What color is your parachute", 2009 Richard Nelson Bolles.

Read this book cover to cover.

IMHO

-Rjay

I highly recommend reading that book. When I lost my job back in 1980, that book help me a great deal.

They are not flimsy; they are ABET-EAC accredited. The programs have just become so specialized to EE that they have added EE courses and dumped the standards I mentioned before. From what I can tell, Stanford has one of the programs like this. I just looked at four local universities, all ABET accredited, and none of them require the courses I mentioned.