Write bitmap?

How did you get a .bmp file stored in a ControlLogix in the first place? The serial port only sends or receives ASCII characters.

Seems a rather odd, bizarre thing to ask, but I very much doubt it.

Where is the bitmap file coming from ?
Where is it going to ?

Perhaps if you could give us more of an idea what you are trying to achieve ??

Seems a rather odd, bizarre thing to ask, but I very much doubt it.

Where is the bitmap file coming from ?
Where is it going to ?

Perhaps if you could give us more of an idea what you are trying to achieve ??
Im trying to write a BMP file to a printer. The printer does not have any memory.

OK, how is the bitmap file stored in the ControlLogix?
That is part of the question. I not sure if a bitmap can be stored on the flash memory card or some where else in the PLC and then called.

OK I'll bite. In theory I could store the information necessary in Controllogix tags to construct a bitmap with some other device on the other end, but why? What is on the other end, are you going to manipulate the bitmap with the Clogix?

I would think the best bet to be able to send something to a printer would be through an HMI. Many have ports that can be configured as printer ports and many can be triggered to print via a tag change in the PLC.

I suppose the hard thing would be finding one that has a driver for the printer you are using.

Doesn't the 1756-L7x series comes with a camera on the front.... the print instruction is "bmpout".