Set FactoryTalkView SE time from ControlLogix

pr_wainwright

Hi,
I have an application which is required to use the Rockwell 'SNTP Query & Clock Sync Instruction' (AOI) in a ControlLogix processor (Retrieves the current time from an NTP Server). The application also has a FTV SE project running on a Windows XP PC. How can I sync the time for the FTV SE project from the ControlLogix controller?

Thanks
Paul.

Also note that there is a "Logix Clock Update Tool" that is a stand alone app that was probably installed with some other Rockwell programs; Run that on the HMI PC, and schedule it to update the PLC time automatically if you are concerned about the PLC time drifting.

rdrast,
The clock update tool updates from PC time to PLC time, I wish to sync the other way around. Ideally get the PLC time from the controller & set the PC time to the same. But as you have suggested I will need to use the time server for both PLC & PC.

Thanks
Paul.