Lenze 8400: What makes profinet IP config go "active"?

strantor

There is a problem with a Lenze 8400 self-contained motor/drive unit, model 8400, with Profinet comm board E84DGFCR. The Siemens S7-300 314C-2 PN/DP will not talk to it. Maintenance team has replaced the motor/drive and moved the EEPROM from the old unit to the new unit. The Lenze drive should have an IP address of 1.0.0.10 per system drawings, but apparently the IP address did not transfer over with the EEPROM.

I went online with the drive in Lenze Engineer via diagnostic adapter and set the parameter "IP address" in C13000 along with subnet mask in C13001. The IP address and subnet mask are definitely stored in those two parameters, but it does not show in the "Active IP Address" parameters C13010/1 - C13010/4, Nor does the Subnet mask show up in "Active subnet mask" (C13011), along with the rest of the parameters which the manual calls "Active" parameters. (C13012: "Active gateway," C13864: "Active Station Name").

The manual does little to explain what these "active" parameters are for, what they do, and how they become "active." All I know is that the machines which work, have values in these "active" parameter fields, and this one which isn't working, doesn't. I can't enter values into these fields, and no matter how many times I download/save/restart, these fields remain blank. I suspect that is my problem. What do I need to do to make the IP address I entered, go "active?" And what does "Active" mean?

Thank you!

From memory of old Siemens / Lenze projects. You set the IP in the drive, make sure the card is seen in the tree on Engineer. Reboot drive. Then you had to do a HW download again from the Siemens to the PN Card.

First, check you can ping the drive, if you can, the IP address is set.

Hello, thank you for your reply.

First, check you can ping the drive, if you can, the IP address is set.

Cannot ping.

From memory of old Siemens / Lenze projects. You set the IP in the drive, make sure the card is seen in the tree on Engineer.
Seen in the tree on Engineer? Do you mean seen in the tree of Simatic Manager? If not, please elaborate what you mean about Engineer, because I do not believe it is possible to set the IP unless it is in the tree on Engineer. It is not shown in the tree of Simatic Manager after setting IP in Engineer.

Then you had to do a HW download again from the Siemens to the PN Card.

I need to read about this because I don't know what you're talking about. I'm not very familiar with Siemens, and this is my first experience with Profinet. I'm currently reading SIMATIC PROFINET System Description. Hopefully I will be smarter when I'm done.

Most relevant for Profinet communication is the device name and not the IP address.
As Profinet later runs only via MAC address, for example routing of Profinet packets is not possible. So you may be able to ping the device, but Profinet-IO commuication will fail if you have IP routing in a network.

Lenze Engineer should look like this:

29475ur.png

Set the IP and subnet to what it should be. The station name you will be able to get from the Siemens project. Click on Configure_Network in Simatic Manager and you will then see the Siemens network and the Lenze Drive details will be in there.