FactoryTalk View- Using a Piloted List Selector.Can only get 5 digits using Variable

Rob S.

Good Morning ,

I am using a Piloted List Selector , in conjunction with a Numeric Input Cursor . The first several states in the Piloted List Selector I have part numbers
typed in with 8 digits , and all is fine. I am then using a Numeric Input Cursor Point , so the operator can add part number if they need to. The number that the operator types in from the Numeric Input Cursor goes to a MOV and then to the Piloted List Selector. Beginning after the last "present" part number , I am using a numeric variable for the state caption. All the other part numbers in the Piloted List Selector have 8 digits and work fine , but when I type in 5 digits they are transferred fine to the Piloted List Selector , 12345 , but when I type 6 or more digits 123456 , I get ******. The box is plenty big , because the 8 digit numbers above all fit. What could be the cause of this ? I was going to use the RecipePlus but seemed too cumbersome for the operators.

Thanks so much.

Sorry , I found what I missed . There is a small dropdown within the "Insert Variable" and I didn't see that. It was set to 5 , so I changed it to 9.

Thanks,