Factory Talk View SE Modal Dialog Box

pr_wainwright

Hi,
I am modifying a FTV SE V7 Application which has pop up dialog boxes presented to the user. The problem is that the pop ups can end up 'going to the back' if a button on the main page is pressed before the dialog is closed. Is there a way to show the dialog as Modal. i.e. it must be closed before any other windows can have focus? The overlay etc. options don't seem to cover this requirement or maybe I am missing something.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Paul.

I've not got the software in front of me right now, but isn't there an "always on top" option somewhere in the display properties?

Hi ASF,
Thanks for the reply. I found a PushForward type function in the documentation. It works most of the time but is not a 100% fix. Maybe its my only option as modal dialogs don't seem to be an option.

Thanks
Paul.

Ah yes - on further investigation, the display setting I'm thinking of is "cannot be replaced", which is only available in FTView ME, seeing as SE doesn't use the same "replace" display philosophy. Not sure of any other solutions - you could potentially investigate doing something with VBA? Maybe you can trigger some code when the window loses focus, and have that code bring the window back into focus? VBA isn't my strong point so that might be a wild goose chase, but worth a thought.

Thanks for the reply ASF, the PullForward (not Push I couldn't remember) works most of the time and the other scenarios are unlikely. So they will have to live with it, I avoid VB wherever possible because of how flaky it is.

Thanks
Paul.