One timer for one than more signals - CCW

bobas9

Hello,

I am new on a forum. I have some problem with programming of PLC Micro850 which i can't figure with use of help in Connected Components Workbench.

I have machine with product sensor, which is counting products and every x products i have to start time counter y and give signal after that. But if the time of counting products x will be shorter than time counter y one signal will be missing.

Does anyone knows if there is possible and how to use array in CCW to collect signals and use one timer for counting time for every single record?

Thank You in advance :)

I think you need to use indirect addressing to increment the array up by one every time you are starting a new record? So after x sensors are counted, start timer y, when timer y finishes, increment array by 1 and store data.

Then continue repeating like this?

Are you trying to find out how long it takes to produce let's say 50 pieces?

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are looking for.

every time x is full, add one to a counter,
if counter >0 then start timer,
if timer done, {do your thing.
counter--)

It is a machine with long conveyor with some products on it. Every few products I have to do something but with very long delay (about 15 seconds). So if the time of counting products to give signal to external device will be shorter than that 15 seconds of delay time, at least one cycle will be abandoned.

So I am thinking about writing one function which will be reciving signal from the counter, counting time of delay (about 15s) and giving signal to external device, and use that function a couple of times in one moment, but I can't figure if that is possible.