Looking for strong 24-VDC light source

alive15

Good morning,

I have an application where I shine a light into one end of a cylinder and there are two holes drilled onto the main body of the cylinder. I'm using a camera to confirm the holes have been drilled by seeing light come out of the two holes. One of the two holes is very bright, because it is closer to the light source, but the farther hole not so much.

Does anyone know of any 24-VDC light source or maybe some kind of powerful laser that can accomplish this? I have not had much luck with basic flashlights. The cylinder itself is 2.5" in length x 1.5" in width. The hole diameter on one end of the cylinder where I shine the light is 5/8".

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

Maybe put a reflective surface against the exit end of the cylinder so the light is reflected back into the cylinder. That should light up the second set of holes you are having trouble with.

Maybe put a reflective surface against the exit end of the cylinder so the light is reflected back into the cylinder. That should light up the second set of holes you are having trouble with.

The cylinder is already blocked on the other end; good observation man.

Thanks for the links as well, I will look at these and let you know which one I end up going with and what works or fails.