FactoryTalk View ME-Piloted List Selector Properties/ Top Position ?

Cydog

Good Afternoon ,

Have you ever done something , that you surprised yourself , and when you go back , you can't figure out what you did :( . Within the connections tab of Piloted List Selector Properties there is " Top Selection " . I have a tag in that , but I can't remember why I did it . Could you please explain what this does. Below is the definition from the help .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Top Position

Assign a tag to this write connection. Whenever the list scrolls, the value of the top visible state in the list is written to this tag.

Thanks in advance,

Sometimes RA help is hit or miss, but I have to say this time, it's pretty self explanatory. In the list you see, the value at the tippy top is written to the plc.

The Top Position is only written if list is scrolling. If all positions are shown then Top Position is not written.

Top Position.PNG

Ok , this is the portion of this application that I did , probably with your all's help , that I did over about 2 years ago but I forget what I did.

So I have a Piloted List Selector , that I have certain part numbers in . When I ran out of part numbers , I started to put the unused states with the following variable ........

/*N:9{[Line4 PLC ] HMI_New_Recipe_1} No Fil

These states , with variable's , are for the operators to add any other part numbers that they may have from a Numeric Input Cursor Point , that is to the right of the Piloted List Selector. Could you guys please "Jog" my memory of what the variable above is doing ?

Thanks again for your help