RsLogix 5K, RsView ME Slow and freezes on Win10

skyfox

Lifetime Supporting Member
Constant freezes and extremely slow when opening Rslogix 5K subroutines and Rsview ME Displays, Objects, Local message files etc. Sometimes a delay can be up to 30 seconds to open a simple logix subroutine. This is true in both off-line and on-line mode. Constant freeses when double clicking to edit rung comments. We are talking within few minutes of each other.

Don't have this issue with other apps on this same laptop. This is a brand spanking new Laptop installation. I don't have this issue with MS Office apps, or when programming using Siemens, Mitsubishi, Omron, Direct Logic, C-more, Red Lion and visual Studio Net 2017 software.

Anyone else having this issue when running Rockwell software under Windows 10? It seems like Rockwell is constantly figuring out ways to frustrate and alienate their solution providers by re-labeling and re-packaging some of the same garbage that hasn't improved during last 10 years or so. Namely, RSView ME.

Last edited:
IT was only v28 onwards that is compatible with W10 from memory. Are you earlier than that, although some have had success with previous ones.

I use Ver's 20.04, 23, 24 & 27 regularly on Windows 10 Home & Pro.

Even though Rockwell says they are not compatible, the only problem I ever had was when I upgraded RSLinx I had a lot of problems until I uninstalled it & reinstalled Ver 3.70.

What antivirus are you running (or forced to run from your company)?

When my company switched from Trend to Sophos it basically crippled my FTView, to the point where I transferred the license to another environment. My RS5k was a little slower as well, and RS500 had no visible change in performance. I'm running W10.

The suggestions of running it in a vm are probably best. I already set up a dual boot of W10 and W7, so when W10 or AB updates have issues (inevitable) I use 7 as my backup plan.