Are Fatek PLC's any good??

chaddy77

Hi,
My company is about to place an order on a machine that has a Fatek PLC.

I have personaly never herd of such a PLC, even so is it reliable / robust easy to code??

Any info would be approciated.

Thanks

Mark

Great possibility, Cost effective PLC

We're using Fatek PLC for almost 10 years. This's a very good brand.
They have almost all the posibilities that other PLC has, and the performances are Excellent.
If you need anything eles, please contact me

It appears that you have to stop the PLC to make changes. That would be my biggest concern.

-The ability to make online changes in a controller would be one of the first on my list when choosing. Most processes I've worked on can't be stopped or started easily.
-It is aggravating when management buys equipment with different controls especially if there is a standard set for the Mill.

Is that so important to you?

It's absolutely critical to us, we do most (if not all) of our programming on running machinery.

There are places where that isn't important, and the Fatek would be a good choice in those applications.

By the way, did you see their new TCP/IP possibility?

I saw something about that, and I did see where the communication protocol was documented. Very nice!

I would definitely consider it for smaller jobs.

It's absolutely critical to us, we do most (if not all) of our programming on running machinery.

There are places where that isn't important, and the Fatek would be a good choice in those applications.

I saw something about that, and I did see where the communication protocol was documented. Very nice!

I would definitely consider it for smaller jobs.

;)

i am using fatek plc and its software "facon server" since 5 years ago. But this is the first time i face a problem with its server. the problem exactly, that suddenly the facon server communication disonnected, and put red x against station0 & group0. i tried with this problem it still exist.
I changed the plc, the computer , the communication cable but the problem still existing.
who has this problem before ????????!!!!!!!!!

A concern i would have is who is the local sales rep?
How much inventory they have?
How long have they been a distributor for them?
how long it takes to get spare parts.

if you can't get parts for weeks / months when the machine breaks, then will the process shut down?

There are other brands in the UK that are more popular and have local support and spare parts.

just because its cheap and has free software doesn't mean its the best choice.

regards,
james

A concern i would have is who is the local sales rep?
How much inventory they have?
How long have they been a distributor for them?
how long it takes to get spare parts.

if you can't get parts for weeks / months when the machine breaks, then will the process shut down?

There are other brands in the UK that are more popular and have local support and spare parts.

just because its cheap and has free software doesn't mean its the best choice.

regards,
james

This U.S. company is prompt to reply for me, email and telephone support
http://rohtekautomation.com/
I have one client who has a machine with about 6 of these on it, I backed them up with the software and cable. No problems yet.

Pros:
- Cheap,
- Reliable,
- Quite fast,
- On line simulation,
- SoC (System on Cheap).

Cons:
- Unfriendly software without symbolic memory support,
- Limited communication,
- Limited expansion capabilities,
- No Off line simulation.

Very good for small to medium small standalone machines and faster processes.