RSLinx unrecognized device

keiths

I am having trouble getting connected with a 1756-EN2T/B ethernet bridge module I tried looking for the EDS file but have been unable to find a B series file. I have tried linx lite,classic and proffesional versions 2.43 and 2.54. It would see the IP address but show unrecognized device 1756-EN2T/B with the yellow question mark. I loaded all 1756-EN2T EDS files I found @ AB.o_O

...so you are right. A bit odd that they have /A but not /B.

If your in a bind I'd recommend calling Tech Support. I had to call once because I couldn't find an EDS file for a certain drive, turns out there wasn't one.

"Contact Technical Support at 440.646.3434 if you have difficulty locating an EDS file."

you should be able to upload from the card
use RS Linx
Right click on the yellow question mark
Upload the EDS file from the card

The module is 5 or 6 years newer than those versions of RSLinx Classic. I think the "upload EDS" feature was introduced in version 2.54 but I don't recall for certain.

If you look inside the EDS file itself, you'll see starting in the version 2.x firmware that there's a note that they "removed series references".

Search the A-B EDS directory using "1756-EN2T" as the keyword and select the EDS file that matches the Major Firmware Revision (1, 2, 3, 4, or 5) of your 1756-EN2T module.

Hai Ken

I am going to install a pfdc drive using 20 comm e.
Can u pls help me to configure it with PLC 5 with eathernet card 1785-um019_-en-p.

Plsssssssssssssssss help me

yadavram7,
It is best to start a new thread when asking a new question. Also a quick look at the 20-comm-e manual will get you started (pg 4-21).
Publication 20COMM-UM010E-EN-P