FT view ME

Shrey

Please help me to solve following query.

I made certain application in FTview ME in win 7.
But when I restore the same in winxp..the application fails to open.what can be the reason for this..?

both the pc have the same version of FTview studio installed....
Please help to get the sol'n of the same....

Both the PC's are having different versions of windows....
But SE application works on any pc no matter whatever is the version of windows....

Is your Windows 7 machine 64 bit?
If it is, I don't think you will be able to open the project on a XP machine.

The issue is probably the application was developed on Windows 7. We don't know from the OP whether it's 32 or 64 bit. If it's 64 bit, it's using the new database system replacing the old Watcom one. I'd have to check the TNs to see if there is a way to go back to a 32 bit system. There is of course a path from 32 to 64 bit.

Thanks for replying...
Both the PC's are having 32 bit processor....
I was working on a project that needs SE as well as ME application. So i developed the required displays on ME and SE on Win 7 pc.
But due to some reasons i had to shift on another pc and hence i tried restoring the application on other pc...... The application made on SE was successfully restored but the one on ME fails to get restored....

What does ".....fails to get restored" mean? Is there an error during the restore? Does it fail when trying to open? We are just guessing until you supply us with what the error actually is.

Are you certain that the two machines are using 32-bit? Certainly you can have a 32-bit Win7 and even a 64-bit XP. Most Windows 7 PCs use 64-bit where most XP machines are 32-bit.

OG

Both PC's are having 32 bit processors.....
In General when we open FTview studio, a dialogue box appears asking whether to open a new application or an existing application....Similarly in this case also the same dialogue box appears but as i select the existing application that I want to work with, the button ' OPEN' gets disabled....

I have attached the screen shot of the problem....

Slide1.jpg

The drop down menu is empty..!!
And for other applications in the list there is a default language...
So what goes wrong for this particular application I dont knw...!!

Attached a screenshot of other application....

Capture.JPG

Is it possible that the two computers are running different language versions of Windows? For example, one machine might be in Hindi and the other in English. Is that possible?

OG

No Dear, that's not the case.....
And in general i had restored the application on about 3-4 computers with win xp,and i am getting the same problem.
On the other hand when the application is restored on other computers having win 7, it works fine.
So it has be something related to operating systems.
And for the record I have nvr seen any of the software having Hindi language.!:ROFLMAO: