Schneider HMI Software

JohnB315

Hi, I am doing a small project with a Schneider M221CE16T PLC using SoMachine Basic, I just happen to have a Magelis XBTGT5230 on the shelf which would really look the biz in this project. I'm just a bit unfamiliar with the Schneider ecosystem - are they compatible ?
Do I use Vijeo Designer or SoMachine to program the HMI, it seems like both can do it ? If so, which should I go for ?
I hope I have made this clear enough.

Thanks.

Hi.
the tm221 plc is programmed with somachine basic which cannot program the hmis. You are confusing somachine with somachine basic which are 2 different softwares. Somachine (for tm241 and tm251 plcs) can program the hmi but not somachine basic... You will need vijeo deisgner for this. And yes the hmi and plc will comm without issues

Hi.
the tm221 plc is programmed with somachine basic which cannot program the hmis. You are confusing somachine with somachine basic which are 2 different softwares. Somachine (for tm241 and tm251 plcs) can program the hmi but not somachine basic... You will need vijeo deisgner for this. And yes the hmi and plc will comm without issues
Thanks for your response. That clears things up a good bit.