Syntax to close PV + screen using a macro

skyfox

Lifetime Supporting Member
Panel View+6 1250

FactoryTalk ViewStudio ME Ver. 9

Is there a way to close a PV+ screen using a Macro based on a tag value being changed by the PLC. I do not want to use the global screen close connections as they are bug prone. However, I am ok with using a Global Macro that opens another screen.

In other words,

PLC TAG = A

When A =2 , Panel view macro runs which in turn opens screen xxx. I am using screen ID's on all of my screens. I have done this using a global PLC tag and sometimes Screen change controls does not get reverted back to the touch screen and says screen changes are controlled by the PLC. This is even after the controlling tag value is set to zero. So I am trying to look to do this using a macro.

Anyone knows how to do this?

Thanks.