AB Micrologix Password

John Gaunt

I have a customer with a Microloxic PLC that
is password protected. The original supplier
doesn't want to help as the staff have left.
Anybody know the BACKDOOR password for Micrologic.
Thanks...........John Gaunt

There is no such thing as a backdoor password for the micrologix.
Rockwell cannot even retrieve the program from these models.

well, there's my "new thing learned" for today ...

thank you, Mickey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first time I've run into this ...

I just tried it on a password protected SLC-5/04 in the lab ... a LOT easier than the VBB-to-GND "program dump" ...

thanks again ...

Ron, Your welcome, but I can't take credit, its been posted here before by others. It does amaze me what is available at the AB knowledge base site.
I just wish it was somehow easier to find stuff like this. (just to much there I guess)

Last edited:
Conrad,

this is a no-no ... things like this get our "administrator" Phil in a lot of trouble with Allen-Bradley ... as aggravating as passwords are, there ARE some valid reasons for using them ... this is a public forum ... so you're not "just helping" this one guy ... you're helping EVERYBODY who comes across this in the future - whether they mean well or not ...

and besides ... this won't work on the MicroLogix processor that our original poster was asking about anyway ...

please do the right thing and delete this post yourself ...

and then, welcome to the forum ...

Last edited:
Micrologix

Thanks Guys,
However I really need to keep the program as
that is all that is available. They don't even
have a functional spec or I/O list so prior to
re-programming it would be necessary to spend a
fair amount of time writing a spec.
I hope somebody has the solution to this problem.
Regards.............John Gaunt

Correction: I was able to reset the password in the Micro 1000 by opening RS500 and trying to go online directly and entering the appropriate password as seen on the AB Knowledge Base.

Thanks for the help.

CTG