Station upload and download to other S7 CPU

userxyz

Hi,

Last night, I did a station upload from a 314C CPU. I downloaded these blocks in a S7-315 CPU, but it refuses to download FC10, FB3, FB4, and so on, every block where there is used SFB41.
It has to be something about the SFB's I think, I mean, can my 315-2DP handle SFB41 ?

Here is the project that I uploaded with 'Station Upload':

hi,

[from Siemens]
There are two versions of the PID control function, although they are technically identical:
  • FB41 - 43 are part of STEP 7.
  • SFB41 - 43 are integrated into the operating system of certain CPUs ("Technological CPUs").
[/from Siemens]

so, if you want to use the PID-blocks in S7-315, call the
FB- blocks instead of the SFB-blocks.

HTH
Rolf

Technological CPU's

Hi,

Well, I want to use the same CPU of the allready installed machine. That is a 314C CPU. But I did a test on a 315-2DP because that was a spare part that I had.

So, u say that in some CPU's SFB41 is integrated, and some not ..

Well, I found something on the internet, seems that CPU 313C and 314C have those blocks.

Why a 315-2DP, a version higher then a 314C I guess doesn't have these blocks ?

Combo,

you might think a 315-2DP is higher than a 314, but a 314C is more recent. So it's not a question of the highest CPU, but of the most recent one. I guess if a new 315 is released, it will have the SFBs on board.

Kind regards,

2ag10

The 315-2DP 2AG10 version, I thought that this was a recent CPU.

We have 315-2DP's 2AF02's also, and these ones are the old ones.

But I guess that you're right.