Cannot Set IP Of CompactLogix

samir13k

Hello all,

I'm hoping this will be something simple, but i've been fighting it for the past 2 hours.

I have an L16ER-BB1B processor that I am trying to set the IP on.

When I use BootP, I cannot disable BootP (tried well over a dozen times, clicked the button multiple times, power cycled, etc).

When I hook up via USB, I can see the processor in RSLinx and I can download a program to it. When I drill down the tree in RSLinx, the IP shows 0.0.0.0

When I right click on the Ethernet node and select module configuration, I get an "Unable to communicate with the selected module" error.

When I right click on the "PLC Rack" and select module configuration and go over to the port configuration tab, I get an "Unable to read the modules port configuration" error.

When I go in Studio 5000 and go to the internet protocol tab, it is completely grayed out, whether I am online, offline, in run mode, or in program mode.

I'm out of ideas, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Samir Shaikh

Snap 2018-07-25 at 00.03.53.png Snap 2018-07-25 at 00.04.20.png

Try using the USB to set the IP.

To clarify, connect via USB, then in RSLinx, right click on the node, and select "Module Configuration". You set the IP in the Port Configuration tab there.

The Rockwell DHCP/Bootp applet has been mostly broken mostly forever. Other setters work, like the one from PLCTools.com, but the Rockwell applet is just a broken mess.

Hello all,

When I use BootP, I cannot disable BootP (tried well over a dozen times, clicked the button multiple times, power cycled, etc).

On the Bootp app: go to Tools, then select Disable. This works for me when the button doesn't work.

There's a known issue with the latest version of the rockwell BOOTP utility. Basically they forgot to actually attach any code to the disable BOOTP button. Tools>Disable or right click>disable works. There are several other things that might interfere with this process, none of them related to the software, but that button will definitely not do the job.

Technote 948444 (TechConnect Required) details this issue.

(I think I've said it before, but I can't decide which fact I find more idiotic - that the issue has been unfixed for two years so far, or that Rockwell decided that this issue is a tech-connect contract only issue)