You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old December 15th, 2011, 07:04 PM   #1
wpuryear
United States

FactoryTalk freezing up

I'm developing a FactoryTalk SE local application on a Windows 7 platform communicating with a single MicroLogix 1400. When I invoke the 'command wizard', FactoryTalk freezes up and the wizard never appears. Task manager indicates 'Command Wizard Step 1 of 2' is running and when stopped, a box pops up with the error message "OLE 2.0 Load Failure".

I've tried removing and a re-install of FactoryTalk and setting Windows security so that 'Everyone' has full rights to all files.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks - Walt
Old December 15th, 2011, 07:47 PM   #2
jkerekes
United States

What version of SE is it and what version of Windows 7, (professional?, 32 or 64 bit?)
Old December 15th, 2011, 07:55 PM   #3
Ken Roach
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
United States

Are you running multiple monitors ? Did you at one point ?

Command Wizard (and the Tag Browser) are notorious for remembering an Open position that's off the visible screen when you switch from multimonitor to single monitor.

You can reset its launch position with a registry edit by deleting its Folder from the registry.

Start > Run > Regedit >HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Rockwell Software\RSViewSE\Application name\CommandWiz.
Old January 26th, 2022, 04:31 AM   #4
kursive
Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Roach View Post
Are you running multiple monitors ? Did you at one point ?

Command Wizard (and the Tag Browser) are notorious for remembering an Open position that's off the visible screen when you switch from multimonitor to single monitor.

You can reset its launch position with a registry edit by deleting its Folder from the registry.

Start > Run > Regedit >HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Rockwell Software\RSViewSE\Application name\CommandWiz.

Just had this problem and found another way. Instead of resetting you can force Tag Browser to appear by doing this:

"Solution:
One solution is to press the browse button, then execute the following keystrokes sequentially:

Alt-Space
M
Press the Left Arrow key <- until the browser appears."

Extracted from
https://www.elektroda.pl/rtvforum/topic1464367.html
(here they talk about resetting launch position too)

At first nothing appeared but I kept pressing the arrow and suddenly the window showed. Hope this's useful!
Old December 15th, 2011, 09:05 PM   #5
wpuryear
United States

Windows 7 Professional and SE 6.10.00 (CPR 9 SR 4). I did use two monitors initially, thought that might be the problem, and went back to two monitors to no avail. After following your registry deletion instruction, all is well again, although I don't understand why the second monitor didn't work.

You guys are the best and I greatly appreciate the quick advice.

Walt Puryear
Athens, GA
Old January 14th, 2022, 07:30 PM   #6
Spencerguenther
Canada

I had this same problem and plugging a monitor back in didn't help. Then I realized that since the position stays the same for the pop-up, maybe the previous monitor was in a different orientation or resolution. So I flipped the extended monitor to the other side like I have out on site and sure enough, the tag browser was there waiting for me. So try different positions if it doesn't work.
Old January 26th, 2022, 10:44 AM   #7
Nova5
United States

To do this in winXP+ Click the task bar icon for your errant program, or select its sub window. then press hold the Win Key and tap the left or right arrow key several times. This moves the window from screen to screen and can also attach it to a screen side so it takes up half the screen.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum