How to upgrade the firmware of Panel view 1000

AB2005

Hi;

At our one of machines, there is Allen Bradley panel view 1000. The HMI was working fine but after a power cycle, it failed to build communication with PLC while IP setting was ok. When Ethernet cable is connected with HMI, the LEDs don't lit. Any advice to restore the HMI?

I have a spare HMI but it's firmware doesn't match with faulted one.
Faulted HMI firmware 5.71.2.6
Spare HMI firmware 5.10.06.09

I am unable to find the firmware file of 5.71.2.6. Do you please help me out?

If the activity leds on the Ethernet port dont lit up when you connect a cable, start by checking if the cable is broken, or replace it with a temporary cable to confirm that its working.

I am unable to find the firmware file of 5.71.2.6. Do you please help me out?

It maybe easier to remove the COM card from the working HMI and put it in the non-working HMI, sounds like your Ethernet card has failed so I would just try swapping them and making one good working HMI... I doubt your cable failed after you cycled power, odds are the Ethernet card failed

Hi

I have already verified the cable and found it OK.
Is their Ethernet card separate in HMI? Looks like only a one card having built-in Ethernet card.

Obviously try a new Ethernet cable and a different Ethernet switch. But if the Ethernet physical port has failed, there isn't going to be a firmware or software solution.

The firmware revision "5.71" must be a misprint or error; version 5.10.x was the last firmware that would run in those 2nd generation PanelView Plus terminals.

In general, a newer terminal should run an older runtime file just fine.

I think 5.71 is RSLinx not the HMI firmware

Some HMI's the Ethernet card is a second board... guessing this is not the case?

As geniusintraining states, that 5.71 is the revision of the RSLinx communications driver, not the firmware.

I believe the firmware number is the 'ME station' -- 8.0.10.12

Since your spare is the older one (and is pre-6 so it cannot be upgraded past 5.1), you will need to convert the .mer file back to a project and re-save it as version 5.1

Hi

I want to build the communication with faulted panel view via RS232 to flash and then reload the firmware. May be Ethernet port could be restored after reloading of firmware.

Kindly guide how to build the communication.

Hi

Thanks. The Ethernet RJ45 lights dont blink on connection of cable either we connect with hub or PLC or Laptop.

Very useful video. Can I also flash the firmware via USB? If firmware is already upto date then firmware upgrade can not be done.