Modbus RTU redundancy

Hi guys:
After we got the price for this interface box (Controlinc) the customer decided for a new approach . He wanted to make a ring out of modbus RTU (Redundant), I read lots of manuals and web pages to finally find out that this is not feasible.
The only way you can setup some kind of redundancy using modbus RTU is to use in my case valves with two modbus rtu interfaces and use two modbus rtu modules on the PLC one module for each modbus interface. Which means that we two independent modbus rtu networks not a ring.

Similar Topics

Hi all, Currently having trouble getting a speed reference to write over modbus to an Omron M1... I can successfully write a run command and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm having an issue with a mircologix not transmitting out. The current setup is a mircologix 1400 connected to a Guardian 100 Radio...
Replies
Views
If a device has Modbus RTU over serial and Modbus RTO over TCP and Modbus TCP then there is a difference between Modbus RTU over TCP vs Modbus TCP...
Replies
Views
Kindly, I am trying to do some Modbus Rtu communication between a 1214C Siemens plc and the following slaves. ( Schneider PM5110 meter , Socomec...
Replies
Views
Anyone have some info for how to control a TECO EQ7 series VFD via Modbus RTU? We originally installed a pair of Yaskawa GA800s at the remote...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom