GE IC693ALG392 Analog Card Flashing Not Configured

Donniek

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a IC693ALG392 Analog card that is flashing a green light which means configuration is not correct. I have verified configuration on the Proficiy Machine Edition and it is all correct. Can an analog device down stream cause this same issue with the analog card? Thanks, Donk

You say the configuration is correct, but when online with Proficy, does it indicate both logic equal and configuration equal? If Proficy tells you that configuration is not equal, the PLC must be stopped in order to download the hardware configuration. Ladder logic can be downloaded with the PLC stopped, but not configuration.

I don't have one of those to test, so all I can offer comes from the data sheet for the module which says that when the "Module OK" LED is blinking it indicates that the module is not properly configured.
Has this module in this PLC ever worked properly?
After clearing the CPU and I/O fault tables, cycling power, and putting the PLC into run mode, do you get any new entries to either fault table?
If you put a value into one of the %AQ addresses associated with the module can you measure a signal at the corresponding output terminal?
What are the states of the %I references assigned to the module?

Yes this module has worked, we actually switched the unit from another application, the same symptoms with both cards on the unit that says not configured. The one that was not working is working in the other application. I have reloaded the configuration and program from two different sources to verify no corruption in configuration or program. I have disconnected all the devices and hooked up only 24v and common to analog card, no output voltage when we tested. We have changed out the backplane also.

The symptoms seem to point in the direction of the CPU module. Two different ALG392 modules show the same behavior when installed in a baseplate with one CPU module, but work just fine when installed in a baseplate with a different CPU module. I assume the I/O fault tables aren't providing any clues. Have you tried clearing the memory in the CPU module that won't support the ALG392?

I just tried another CPU and no luck, I am changing out the power supply to verify I have adequate power. Keep in mind this was a running machine until it lost power and during this time the PLC was out of run and program reloaded, and that is when we noticed the flashing light on the analog output card, and hasn't run since. This is a machine that has been running the same program for 10 years.

A long shot, but what address is the ALG392 using and what CPU model are you using? Could there be any overlapping addresses assigned to two different modules? Could the %AQ address assigned to the module exceed the highest address configured for the CPU? Don't overlook the %I addresses assigned to the ALG392. Is the ALG392 in the same baseplate as the CPU?

I checked all addressing and everything seems to be in order. Now I just swapped the AI and AQ card with each other and reconfigured everything. When I downloaded, it came back with the AI card saying not configured. So the problem stayed in slot 10, so we are changing the backplane, hopefully we just picked one up that was bad already. I will let you know how it goes after the change. Thanks for your help.

Only a couple of feet, we are using one AI and one AQ. My power supply is showing consumed about 75-78%.

Could the devices downstream of the AQ module affect the backplane by feeding voltage back? I have installed the backplanes (2) and seem to have the same issue with slot 10. I wondering if I try to swap the backplane again and disconnect all the devices that the AQ card drives, and just hookup 24VDC to the AQ module, to see if that takes care of it.

When I questioned the physical distance from the power supply I was talking about the PLC power supply, not the power supply for the analog circuits. Slot 10 in the baseplate is the greatest distance from the IC693PWRxxx module. When you tested the questionable ALG392 module in a different PLC did you put it in slot 10?
The power for the analog circuit that includes the field device is isolated from the backplane supply. The 90-30 power supply has three outputs. First, 5 VDC on the backplane to power the modules. Second, 24 VDC on the backplane for the relays on relay output modules. Third, isolated 24 VDC delivered to a pair of terminals on the left side of the power supply module and available for field devices if you choose to use it.

Okay we are back on the same page. I set up a small rack and tested both AQ cards I have in slot 2. I did originally switch the AQ card in a different machine and used slot machine with no issues. I have changed the backplane, cards, power supply & CPU, with no resolution. I thought I was as on to something when I switched the AI (from slot 9 to slot 10) and AQ card (slot 10 to 9) and problem stayed with slot10.��*��